E-mail: Send an e-mail
Introduction. In the conditions of dynamic expanding of modern technologies, widening the spectrum of informative resources reading becomes the main source of information and means of intellectual and cultural development of a person. Reading on a foreign language is also a form of intercultural communication in different spheres – social, cultural, academic, private.
Materials and methods. In the present article we consider the use of synectic peculiarities in the process of textual activity at traditional lessons of a foreign language and at elective courses at school. Synectics, in translation from Greek, means connecting different to each other elements. This method can be considered as a unique one as it can be used in different spheres. Some researchers consider this method as a form of mastering the educational process. The advantage of this method is rethinking of what is known, extending the notions, strategic planning. The idea of the article is to show the peculiarities of using this method in teaching process, at the lessons of a foreign language, particularly in the process of textual activity at senior schoolchildren of non – humanitarian profile.
Special attention is paid to the choice of texts at the lessons of a foreign language. As it’s known, being the main source of interest, the content can stimulate senior schoolchildren. That is why the selection of texts should be matched to children, taking account of their different cognitive interests.
Results. The results of investigation proved the opportunity of using the elements of synectics at the English lessons in the process of textual activity at school. The result is achieved by regulation knowledge. Herewith senior schoolchildren constantly get new information on profile, the meaning of individual work is raised, associative thinking is developed.
Discussion. It’s necessary to note that the results of investigation are proved by received knowledge on subjects of science mathematical cycle by means of a foreign language. The use of elements of synectics in the process of textual activity is possible to consider as one of the active forms at lessons of a foreign language, which helps to develop the cognitive interest.
Conclusion. We consider that using the elements of synectics in the process of textual activity at the English lessons will stimulate creative activity of senior schoolchildren of non – humanitarian profile and support their wish to get knowledge individually.
synectics, textual activity, knowledge of different subjects, cognitive interest, associative thinking
- The possibilities of using the elements of synectics in methods of teaching a foreign language, particularly in the process textual activity are analyzed;
- The specific features of textual activity at the English lessons with elements of the synectics method are defined;
- The main points of using elements of synectics in the process of textual activity are singled out.
1. Lyahovickij M.V. (1981) Metodika obucheniya inostrannym yazykam: uchebnoe posobie dlya filologicheskih fakul’tetov vuzov [Methods of teaching foreign languages: Training aids for philological departments of institutes] Moscow, Vysshaya shkola Publ. (In Russian).
2. Gal’skova N.D., Vasilevich A.P., Koryakovceva N.F., Akimova N.V. (2018) Osnovy metodiki obucheniya inostrannym yazykam: uchebnoe posobie [ The basic methods of teaching-learning foreign languages: training aids] Moscow, KNORUS Publ. (In Russian).
3. Solovova E.N. (2006) Metodika obucheniya inostrannym yazykam. Bazovyj kurs lekcij: posobie dlya pedagogicheskih vuzov i uchitelej [Methods of teaching foreign languages. Basic course of lectures] Moscow, Prosveshchenie Publ. (In Russian).
4. Cepkova A.B. (2017) Princip opisaniya metodicheskogo potenciala hudozhestvennogo teksta na inostrannom yazyke [ Principle of description methodological potential of literary text in a foreign language ] Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. 4, 52–71. Available from: http://vestnik.nspu.ru/article/2511 (Accessed 23d May 2018) DOI: 10.15293/2226-3365.1704.04 (In Russian).
5. Folomkina S.K. (1985) Tekst v obuchenii inostrnnym yazykam [Text in foreign language teaching training] Inostrannye yazyki v shkole. 3, 18–22. (In Russian).
6. Gal’perin I.P. (1981) Tekst kak ob’’ekt lingvisticheskogo issledovaniya [Text as an object of linguistic investigation] Moscow, Nauka Publ. (In Russian).
7. Zarubina N.D. (1981) Tekst: ligvisticheskie i metodicheskie aspekty [Text: linguistic and methodological aspects] Moscow, Russkij yazyk Publ. (In Russian).
8. Alekseeva L.E. (2007) Metodika obucheniya professional’no-orientirovannomu inostrannomu yazyku. Kurs lekcij: Metodicheskoe posobie [Methods of teaching professionally oriented foreign language. The course of lectures: Methodological aids] Saint Petersburg, Filologicheskij fakul’tet SPbGU Publ. (In Russian).
9. Vorob’yov V.V. (2008) Obshchee i specificheskoe v lingvostranovedenii [General and specific in linguistic and cultural studies and linguocultural] Slovo i tekst v dialoge kul’tur.Moscow, Gosudarstvennyj institut russkogo yazyka im. A.S. Pushkina Publ. (In Russian).
10. Vejze A.A. (1985) Chtenie, referirovanie i annotirovanie inostrannogo teksta. Uchebnoe posobie [Reading, reviewing annotation of a foreign language. Training aids] Moscow, Vysshaya shkola Publ. (In Russian).
11. Babenko Yu.V. Kazarin Yu.V. (2004) Filologicheskij analiz teksta [Philological analysis of the text] Moscow, Akademicheskij proekt Publ. (In Russian).
12. Shchukin A.N. (2010) Obuchenie inostrannym yazykam: Teoriya i praktika: uchebnoe posobie dlya uchitelej i uchenikov [ Training of foreign languages. Theory and practice. Training aids for teachers and students] Moscow, Filomatis: Omega L Publ. (In Russian).
13. Folomkina S.K. (2005) Obuchenie chteniyu na inostrannom yazyke v neligvisticheskom institute: uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie [Teaching-learning reading a foreign language in non – linguistic institute: research and methodological textbook] Ed. N.I. Ges. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola Publ. (In Russian).
14. Palesheva E.A. (2011) Autentichnye teksty kak sredstvo razvitiya poznavatel’nogo interesa uchashchihsya v obuchenii chteniyu na urokah inostrannogo yazyka v starshyh klassah srednej shkoly [Authentic texts as means of cognitive interest development of pupils in teaching – learning reading at the lessons of a foreign language senior forms of secondary school] Nauchno-metodicheskij ehlektronnyj zhurnal “Koncept”, pp. 21–25. Available form: http://e-koncept.ru/2011/11105.htm. (Accessed 23d May 2018). (In Russian).
15. Ermakova E.E. (2002) Filosofiya. Uchebnoe posobie dlya tekhnicheskih institutov [Philosophy. Textbook for technical institutes] Moscow, Vysshaya shkola Publ. (In Russian).
16. Kuklina S.S., Cheremisinova R.A. (2016) Diskurs i tekst kak produkty pis’mennoj rechevoj deyatel’nosti [Discourse and text as products of written speech activity] Kazanskij pedagogicheskij Zhurnal. Vol. 2 (2), 351–354. (In Russian).
17. Zimnyaya I.A. (1991) Psichologiya obucheniya inostrannym yazykam v shkole [Psychology of teaching a foreign language at school] Moscow, Prosveshchenie Publ. (In Russian).
18. Belyaev B.E. (1965) Ocherki po psichologii obucheniya inostrannym yazykam [Sketches on psychology teaching a foreign language] Moscow, Prosveshchenie Publ. (In Russian).
19. Mil’rud R.P. (2014) Uchenie kak poznavatel’naya deyatel’nost’ v obrazovatel’nom kurse inostrannogo yazyka [Learning as a cognitive activity in educational course of a foreign language] Inostrannye yazyki v shkole. 1, 10–16. (In Russian).
20. Kudryavcev A.V. (1999) Metody intuitivnogo poiska tekhnicheskih reshenij (metody analiza problem i poiska reshenij v tekhnike) [Methods of intuitive search of technical decisions (methods of analyses the problem and search of decisions in technique )] Moscow, Rechnoj Transport Publ. (In Russian).