E-mail: Send an e-mail
E-mail: Send an e-mail
E-mail: Send an e-mail
Introduction. This article is devoted to the problem of using visual supports for the formation of foreign language faculties’ students’speech skills in multicultural environment. The purpose of the article is to specify the possibilities of conceptual solutions for presenting information in the form of visual supports in the process of teaching foreign language, taking into account psychological, cognitive, aesthetic factors and memo-factor. The authors consider a number of factors for the correct selection of visual supports in order to form speech skills and suggest didactic solutions for their use in the process of teaching foreign languages in higher education.
Materials and methods. The following research methods are presented in the article: review of Russian and foreign scientists’ works as well as regulatory and legislative acts of the Russian Federation in the field of education; determining the efficiency of factors for the correct selection of visual supports for verbal texts, as well as identifying the level of speech skills’formation among students of the faculty of foreign languages through diagnostic techniques such as observation, questionnaires, testing and data processing methods.
Results. Many years of experience in teaching at the Faculty of Foreign Languages allows us to make sure that the systematic use of visual supports in the process of forming speech communication skills removes difficulties of the speech generating process in a foreign language and provides significant assistance to students in solving the communicative problem. Along with this, visual supports facilitated the exchange of value orientations among students of different ethnic and cultural groups, which was the basis for development of students’intercultural competence at a higher level.
Discussion. In modern pedagogical science, there is the fact that the process of learning a foreign language cannot be imagined without the use of visual supports, which not only intensify the students’ mental activity, but also activate speech skills, which guarantees a faster transition to fluent speaking.
Conclusion. The use of visual supports as a longitude in the process of teaching foreign language demonstrated clearly that the students of the experimental group, in which the didactic emphasis was focused on the combination of verbal texts and visual supports, removed the difficulties of verbal communication in the studied foreign language, increased the level of readiness for acquaintance with a foreign language culture and, therefore, intercultural competence was formed at a higher level.
Visual supports; Psychological impact factor; Cognitive factor; Aesthetic factor; Memo-factor; Criteria for selecting visual supports; Speech skills; Intercultural competence
The role of visual supports for removing barriers in solving a communicative problem in the process of forming foreign language facultiesstudents’speech communication skills has been revealed;
Factors of influence of visual supports on students are determined, namely, the factor of psychological impact, cognitive factor, aesthetic factor, memo-factor;
The criteria for the selection of visual supports for a more visual illustration of the verbal text’scontent are analyzed;
The role of visual supports for the cultural and value exchange between representatives of different ethnic and cultural groups and their readiness for integration in a modern multicultural society is revealed.
1. Kusarbaev R.I., Dovgopolova L.B., Demakova G.A., Mukhametshina O.V. (2017), Formirovanie mezhkul'turnoj kompetencii u studentov vuzov v processe prepodavaniya inostrannyh yazykov [Developing cross-cultural competence among students of higher education institutions in the course of teaching foreign languages]. Vestnik Cheljabinskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta, 9, 53–60. (In Russian).
2. Vlasenko O.N. (2017), Tolerantnost' kak vazhnaya sostavlyayushchaya sociokul'turnoj kompetencii studentov [Tolerance as a reqired component of socio-cultural competence].Teoreticheskie i prikladnye aspekty lingvoobrazovaniya [Theoretical and applied aspects of linguistic education]. Kuzbasskiy gosudarstvennyy tekhnicheskiy universitet, Kemerovo,14–17. (In Russian).
3. Sannikova S.V. (2016), Mezhkul'turnyj komponent professional'no-orientirovannogo obucheniya gumanitariev [Intercultural component in teaching language for specific purposes to humanitarians]. Vestnik Permskogo nacional'nogo issledovatel'skogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta.Problemy yazykoznaniya i pedagogiki, 1, 88–100. (In Russian).
4. Komenskij Ya.A. (2012), Izbrannye pedagogicheskie sochineniya: Selected pedagogical essays]. Kniga po Trebovaniyu, Moscow, 1. 665 p. (In Russian).
5. Nesterova S.V. (2018), Sposoby optimizacii obucheniya ustnomu inoyazychnomu monologicheskomu vyskazyvaniyu v neyazykovom vuze [Methods of optimized training in makingforeign language monological statementsat non-linguistic university]. Vestnik Permskogo nacional'nogo issledovatel'skogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Problemy yazykoznaniya i pedagogiki, 2, 136–147. (In Russian).
6. Belova L.A., Zassedateleva M.G., Bystrai E.B., Shtykova T.V. (2018), Podgotovka budushikh uchitelej k mezhkulturnomu professional’nomu vzaimodeistviju s ispol’zovaniem technologii CLIL [Preparing future teachers for intercultural professional interaction using CLIL technology]. Vestnik Cheljabinskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta, 4, 9–16. (In Russian).
7. Bystraj E.B., Skorobrenko I.A. (2019), Formirovanie poznavatel'nogo interesa budushchih uchitelej k izucheniyu inostrannogo yazyka s ispol'zovaniem kejs-stadi [Formation of the future teachers’ cognitive interest to the foreign language study by using case studies]. Teoreticheskie i prikladnye aspekty lingvoobrazovaniya. Sbornik nauchnyh statej Mezhvuzovskoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii. Pod redakciej L.S. Znikinoj [Theoretical and applied aspects of linguistic education. Collection of scientific articles of the Interuniversity scientific-practical conference. Edited by L.S. Znikina]. Kuzbasskiy gosudarstvennyy tekhnicheskiy universitet, Kemerovo,146–150. (In Russian).
8. Antipova N.B. (2019), Rol' vizual'nyh opor v obuchenii govoreniyu na nachal'nom etape v usloviyah zarubezhnogo vuza [The role of visual support in the process of teaching speaking Russian as a foreign language at the initial stage in aforeign university]. Mir nauki, kul'tury, obrazovaniya, 3 (76), 69–70. (In Russian).
9. Baronenko E.A., Reiswich Yu.A., Shtykova T.V. (2019), Mezhkul'turnoe vospitanie v usloviyah sovremennoj shkoly [Intercultural education as factorof formation of national consciousnessand readiness to assimilate]. Vestnik Cheljabinskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta, 4, 9–24. (In Russian).
10. Spirina E.M., Chernyakova Yu.S. (2019), Effektivnye sposoby stimulirovaniya poznavatel'nogo interesa na urokah inostrannogo yazyka[Effective ways to stimulate cognitive interest in foreign language learning]. Nauchno-metodicheskij elektronnyj zhurnal Koncept, 5, 11–23. (In Russian).
11. Baronenko E.A., ReiswichYu.A., Skorobrenko I.A. (2019), Opyt organizacii mezhkul'turnogo treninga v obrazovatel'nom prostranstve vuza [Experience of the intercultural training organization in the university’seducational space].Vestnik Cheljabinskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta, 3, 20–39. (In Russian).
12. Titova S.V. (2006), Problema adekvatnoj vizualizacii informacii v prepodavanii inostrannyh yazykov [The problem of adequate information visualization in teaching foreign languages]. Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta, seriya 19 “Lingvistika i mezhkul'turnaya kommunikaciya”, 3, 14–23. (In Russian).
13. Vul'fovich E.V. (2016), Obuchenie ustnoj rechi na zanyatiyah anglijskomu yaziku s ispol'zovaniem Internet-servisov dlya sozdaniya vizual'nyh opor [Teaching English speaking skills usingInternet services to create visual aids]. Vestnik Krasnoyarskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta im. V.P. Astaf'eva, 2 (36), 11–15. (In Russian).
14. Mal'kina A.P. (2008), Vizualizaciya kak sposob ponimaniya inoyazychnogo teksta po special'nosti v obuchenii inostrannomu yazyku (neyazykovoj vuz) [Visualization as a way of understanding a foreign language text by specialty in teaching foreign language (non-linguistic university)]. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2 (58), 239–245. (In Russian).
15. Volkova M.A. (2019), Princip vizualizacii kak faktor aktivizacii poznavatel'nogo interesa studentov na urokah russkogo yazyka kak inostrannogo [The principle of visualization as a factor in enhancing the cognitive interest of students in the lessons of Russian as a foreign language]. The world of academia: Culture, Education, 2, 87–94. (In Russian).
16. Izotova N.V., Buglaeva E.Yu. (2015), Sistema sredstv vizualizacii pri obuchenii inostrannomu yazyku [The system of visualization tools for teaching a foreign language]. Vestnik Bryanskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2, 70–74. (In Russian).
17. Antipova N.B. (2019), Didakticheskie funkcii vizual'noj opory v processe obucheniya russkomu yazyku kak inostrannomu na nachal'nom etape [Didactic functions of visual support in the process of teaching Russian as a foreign language at the initial stage]. Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta, 2 (30), 228–236. (In Russian).